Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jumping the Gun

Okay, okay, I couldn't wait until Mother's Day, but after speaking to folks from Kentucky I was told that planting can be done around Derby Day, and that is this Saturday, plus the weather forecast looks pretty good all through the next ten days. (When I come crying about ruined plants then you can say I told you so!)

So, for the last few days I've been loosening up dirt, and I just couldn't stand it anymore and I planted some variegated Vinca and Petunias, which are pretty hardy plants. I also put in just a few Lantana and Columbine and a white kind of frothy plant called Diamond Frost that was listed as hardy as well. I couldn't find any rolling wave Petunia to put in the ground boxes, so that will have to wait. And you know what? It feels good.

And I might add that while walking the beasts this afternoon I saw my first butterfly of the season. A sign!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

Craig has prepared our little flower bed but we are still waiting. We will be gone this weekend but maybe I will get it done the next when he is off ushering in a wedding.