Sunday, March 2, 2008

Big Guys Eat a Lot

Hey, I've snuck up to the office while there are 16 officers eating dinner and dessert downstairs. So shh! I just wanted to report on the dinner, it all went very well, except maybe I fell short on the pork tenderloin, maybe, just a wee bit . . . and that's because I always underestimate what these big guys can put away. I fixed 5 tenderloins, so really that's roughly 1/4 tenderloin per person. Now to me that's a lot . . . and these guys are all officers with PT tests, weigh ins, etc. The colonel doesn't eat that much, but some of these guys!!! Next time I will do better with allowing more, because like any cook my real reward is seeing folks enjoy the meal. Or maybe I will serve more filling appetizers :-)

Update: There were 18 officers plus the 3 of us. When did those two guys sneak in? Hey it was the General and the DCO, am I going to turn them away?! No, that's when you add water to the soup, right?

No comments: