Saturday, May 10, 2008

Winded

Ever have one of those weeks that just knocks the stuffing out of you? I had one of those this week. It actually started last week with Ward's getting the PKR done on his eyes. Getting up at 4:30 am is hard enough, but then driving 3 hours to Fort Campbell and 3 hours back, well that's just the beginning. Ward is an excellent patient, and there wasn't much for him to do to convalesce except to take his meds, use eye drops every hour or two and sleep in a darkened room for two days. Yep, he managed that quite well, coming up for food and water occasionally.

The real hard stuff came with the week's schedule of events, beginning on Monday. Ward couldn't drive so I had to get him to his meetings, and then scramble to my own set of meetings. Tuesday morning we had more meetings, then Tuesday afternoon Beaver had an away baseball game . . . like two hours away. (They won 14-6!) So that was another late night, and my family will tell you I don't do late nights . . . very well. Wednesday was another packed day, and then we had a formal dinner in the evening. Thursday, I had to clean house all day and prepare a dinner for fifteen ladies. I also had to prepare a small class on protocol for them, which wasn't too bad, I've done that before and have the materials. All went well, until cleaning that night I strained a neck muscle, but the dishes had to be done so I worked through the pain, then stuck a hot pad on my neck and went to bed.

TGIF was just that and I met with my good friend for coffee and our Bible study. The Beave's ball game was rained out, so we had an evening off. Then this morning I rose early to prepare a breakfast for Ward's staff so they could have an informal meeting and get some things done. Breakfast sausage and egg casserole, orange scones, cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit were on the menu. I'm sitting here typing and I'm pooped! But here comes the Beave saying he needs socks for the game, gotta run . . .

No comments: