Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things I Couldn't Live Without

Seriously, I could live without the following items, but they make my life so much more enjoyable.

Number one on my list is my car. I realized this week just how much freedom I have because of my car. The last few days I've had to go without it because it's in for servicing and an air conditioner part had to be ordered. I miss my grocery getter. Kid hauler. Ready at a moment's notice to kill a shopping urge vehicle. Get me there on time two streets down the block buggy. My wheels! I've had to drop Ward off at work and pick him up these last few days, and we've both had to juggle our schedules to get to places, kids and appointments. I miss my silver station wagon.

Number two is pedicures. Admittedly, I thought these were quite frivolous until I had my first one last fall. I can't believe I waited until I was over fifty to get one. (Sigh, all those wasted years!) It is definitely worth the money. I hate giving the time but still even that can be redeemed as I always go with my good friend and we enjoy each other's company while having a months worth of dead skin sloughed away. And the massage. Aaahh! My feet look like someone else's! And I can wear sandals!

Number three is my cell phone. Again, I've only been using one for the last six years or so. I don't count Korea, because, though I had one, I never really used it. Not like here. It is so nice to be in contact with your kids at a moment's notice. I don't take advantage of that and bug them to death (right?) but just check in now and then. I really use it quite extensively just to make sure with Ward that we're arriving together for social functions here on post and to double check with the Beaver on pick up times after practice. It's a luxury without the luxury cost.

No comments: