Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Love My Pets, But . . .

They take over, they really do. Even now as I typing in this post, our cat, Mr. Knightley, is hogging most of my office chair. I am sitting on the very edge, being oh so careful not to bother his midday nap. But still, it's nice to have the company.

And then at night, and especially with Ward off to war, my bed is filled with critters. I am an early to bed person, but Kip-the-wonder-dog usually beats me to a spot on our queen sized bed. We are later joined by Mr. Knightley, which is funny, because Kip usually chases him around the house, but when Kip sleeps, he sleeps hard. I can barely budge him to get some space. So there we are and if someone says, it's crowded, roll over, well we do and make room for Emma, our Golden Retriever. So it becomes a two-dog night and it's not even cold. I should have Beaver take a photo, but I would die of embarrassment as you would see that I cling for dear life to my space at the edge of the bed. But still, it's nice to have the company.

I'm sure my son-in-law thinks I'm crazy, as do my husband and my two sons. It's not funny to them that they have to make room on the sofa while watching TV. But still, it's nice nice to have the company.

Oh, and who do I have to thank for all of this company?! The one that begged and pleaded for first, Mr. Knightley, then Emma and finally Kip? To that unnamed person I'll just say, thank you for making sure I'm not alone!!

No comments: