Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Want My HDTV!

But I have no idea what it is. I received my credit cards for two of the converter boxes and they are good for $40 on each box. Now I just have to find a place to buy them. Wally has given me some advice about it and I did check at the PX, but they are all out of them so I'll have to go to Stuff-Mart or one of the other listed retail outlets, but Wally says all converter boxes are not created equal. The guy at the PX says I may not even need them! I know the little TV in my kitchen doesn't because it says HDTV right on the front and it's new. We have two other sets (I know, we are so worldly!) . . . we don't get the premium channels or anything, but I would miss my Fox news and C-Span and History channel.

It's like Y2K all over again, except different :)

2 comments:

Craig said...

I believe the converter box thing actually allows you to get digital signals instead of analog, rather than HDTV. The latter requires an HDTV and HDTV programming. You don't need the converter box if you have cable; just if you use an antenna to get TV.

June Cleaver said...

So it's just the "D" and since I get cable I don't have to worry about this.