Friday, February 29, 2008

List Making--It's a Good Thing

We have always been list makers. It all began years ago, I think Bob was the orginal list maker and I just followed suit because it's such a great thing. Here's why:

--it keeps you organized
--it keeps you accountable (if only to yourself)
--it helps you remember (and that gets harder with time)
--it can be short term or long term
--it works for almost anything, from groceries, to errands, to . . .well, I could start a new list!
--it helps your prioritize
--
it gives you a sense of accomplishment as you cross off the completed action
--it doesn't cost much (a pack of 3 x 5 cards)

Anyway, the whole reason I brought up list making is that I have a "free" day today, that is, there are no meetings or luncheons for me on post so I'm making a list of things that I want to get done today, and so that I won't spend the day eating bon-bons and watching The View, Oprah or those home shopping channels!

Here's my list for today:

1) Run 5 miles
2) Vacuum
3) Vet clinic to pick up dog meds
4) Groceries (that includes another list)
5) PX to get baby gift
6) Meet with Mrs. B to finalize cost of Welcome function (another list)
7) Walk dogs
8) Plan menu for dinner for 18 Sunday evening

If I get everything done on the list it will be a great day! If not, I start a new list for tomorrow :)

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

I love lists! I wonder who I could have gotten that from?