Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Costly Beer

Last week Bob and I had a real treat. We were invited by the British foreign exchange officer to attend the Pipes and Drums event in Louisville. The Royal Scottish Regiment is touring the States with their band, which includes the guys in kilts playing bagpipes. And they asked Bob to go in his dress blues to give the order at the end of the presentation to "Carry on." We are never ones to pass on pomp and circumstance so there we were. And we met them afterwards in civvies (civilian clothes) at a pub on 4th Street. Fourth Street Louisville is comparable to 6th Street in Austin. Bob and I had never been there, being as close to being geezers as we are. Anyway we met at an English Pub (what else!) and ordered fish and chips (what else?!) and beer. Had I known that the light ale I had chosen was $11 a glass I would have stuck with water. If I had known it was that costly I wouldn't have been able to drink it!!! We enjoyed meeting the Scots . . . it was a VERY memorable evening. Brilliant! Lovely!

No comments: