Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snow Days

Well, while having my weekly Bible study this morning at my favorite local coffee shop a lady came in saying, "they're closing the schools." This was around 9:10 am. So I wasn't surprised when not more than five minutes later I received a call from the Beav, saying "pick me up by 9:30!" Can you believe that?! The incoming storm was not to hit until about 1:00 pm, but these schools weren't taking any chances. Not after last week, when it took us over two hours to travel the 10 miles to pick Beaver up. It's now 1:30 and we're just getting some mild icy snow. This is probably the worst winter Kentucky has had in about 28 years, and they really don't handle it well. So much for global warming.

The kids will probably miss tomorrow as well. What they don't realize is that this will all be added to the end of the year. Ha!

Speaking of snow days, after the initial "Day Off!" rush, the "I'm bored" whining kicks in . . . and then what do you do?

No comments: