Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Best Things In Life Are Not Things

Finally have a few moments to write about Thanksgiving. Ward and I and the Beave flew down to Texas to spend the holiday with my sister's family. Betty and Wally and their significant others joined us. Between the two families that made twelve for Thanksgiving dinner. That's a lot of pumpkin pie!!

This holiday was one of so many new beginnings. Where to start with a heart that is so full?

Betty and her husband are expecting! She is barely "showing" but feels the affects of the pregnancy fully, but is hoping the morning sickness will soon be over once she gets well into the second trimester. I am so excited about becoming a "Gram" and I am hoping that somehow this little family will live closer that halfway across the country. That's for God to decide. But he's been pretty good to us so far.

And then Wally introduced everyone to his future bride. We made the trip over to meet his future in-laws. All doubts were put to rest when her mother talked about how she had prayed for a special young man, and how her prayers were answered by my son! I get goosebumps just thinking about this. And that evening I was overcome with emotion and thankfulness.

You see, I too have prayed for all my children from birth. One of the big things on that prayer list was for spouses "after the Lord's own heart." Two times now that prayer has been answered with more than I could have hoped for!!

Since I have been home I have been reflecting on the Lord's goodness. The turkey and pies are gone, but my Thanksgiving is not over yet. The best things in life are not things!!

No comments: