Monday, November 23, 2009

Is It Mean To State The Truth?

In the following article the author hits the nail on the head about why we as Christians cannot condone what God calls a sin. Why then do I always feel like I am hurting peoples feelings if I should mention this?

If we saw someone we know and love trying to rob a bank would we not think to try and talk them out of it? Is this particular sin any different because it involves sex? I have some friends who are not persuaded that this is one of the issues God cares about . . . but I believe God cares about all sins equally and for us to remain silent is just wrong, and we will be judged for that silence. I think it is just too convenient for us to remain silent, and silence can be interpreted as agreement.

I'm certainly not saying to go out and harass homosexuals. I myself, am much like the dinosaur in the movie Toy Story; I don't like confrontation! But we should be able to state an opinion when asked, gulp, about gay marriage. How does one engage in that type of dialogue without being considered "homophobic, intolerant, wingnut, etc., etc." I don't know, but I am working on it!

Why sin cannot be condoned by state

1 comment:

Blackmoontiger said...

um Hello! i can understand where your comming from. When i was in school, just last year, any comment weather good or bad can be taken as your jugement on the subject. I make many friends of all veridies and some don't like the other for their life choice. My sister's best friend is bi but you realize they aren't any different then when you didn't know. i'm sorry! I'm telling you all this and i'm a complete stranger. i just made my first blog and i was looking at others to get an idea of how one should be. thank you for listening. ^-^