Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Favorite Christmas Ornaments

Our Christmas tree is a small history of our marriage and family. We still have the first ornament we bought in 1976, but many others have been added since then. Of course some have not weathered the journey over the years, still it is fun to put the ornaments on from the past every year and add to them as well. Here are just a few of my favorites:

Father Christmas is a recent addition and I love his old worldiness, it reminds me of my German heritage.

This great glass blown cowboy boot is all about Texas!!

I got this baseball player because of our love of the game. Sorry Beav that it's not a Royals player, but how can you not love Albert Pujols?!

Betty got this ornament for us a few years back, big surprise there!

In keeping with the in-house rivalry we quickly added this one to the tree.

This kewl dude reminded me of our youngest, so we had to add it.

This is a salute to my favorite soldier!

Cows hold some type of weird fascination for me, so I'm always watching for cow ornaments. There were cows at the stable, right?

No comments: