Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Storm of '09


Brrrr! For two days now the Beave and I have been without power, ergo no heat, no light, but we did have hot running water because we have gas. And I could cook, boil water, and most importantly, take a hot shower. We are powered up for now, but it may not last. Poor Kentucky's grid is likely to go on the blitz again. I really feel for those line-men out in this weather.
God Bless 'Em!

This photo of our home was taken this morning through a haze of frozen ice-covered branches. You can just see Ward's ice-encased FJ Cruiser on the left (see that bit of Voo-Doo blue?) Our entire street is littered with broken branches. As I am writing this I'm looking out of our second story office window at the beauty of huge old ice-covered trees. Awesome!

No comments: