Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Best Man For Fhe Job

The best man for the job of vice president is a woman. Sarah Palin wowed the RNC last evening and I stayed up past my bedtime to hear her speak. It was worth it. She gave the best oorrah speech since Reagan's shining city on a hill speech in 1989. That's a long time to wait.

This speech was substance over style, though she delivered it quite well. She told us things about herself, what she's done in Alaska, a little about her family, but most of importantly, what she thinks about the job she is set to take on, and why she supports McCain for president. All that and a bag of chips! Because she used humor and facts she stirred the crowd to a place we Republicans haven't been to in a while, that of excitement and optimism about the upcoming election.

Beaver and I watched the crowds. I asked him where he thought all those folks wearing the large cowboy hats were from. "New Jersey?" Ha ha! It was a good mix of every man there, and their enthusiasm became infectious. I woke up with a smile on my face!

Here's to the new Iron Lady! The hockey mom pit bull with lipstick!

No comments: