Sunday, September 21, 2008

What Is Your Favorite Pie?

Pies! There were so many, which to choose? Apple, blackberry, pumpkin chiffon, peach, Kentucky Derby-Pie (you'd think I would at least want to try that one), Pecan, coconut, so many choices, so little elastic in my pants! So I did the only sensible thing I could do and go with my all time favorite, lemon meringue.

It was so . . . delicious!

This is a little place in Louisville that has ice cream and pies. In fact the name is the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen. I highly recommend it. And next time (you know there will be a next time) I want to try the strawberry-rhubarb. But they didn't have gooseberry. Just saying gooseberry takes me back to Anne of Green Gables when Miss Brooke says "oh, Anne, they'll just laugh at me and think I'm an old gooseberry!" Said with a soft "s" like guze. :)

But just look at the list below to see how difficult it was to make a choice!

WHIPPED TOPPING PIES
Key Lime
Peanut Butter
Reese’s

MERINGUE CREAM PIES (10” Deep Dish)
Banana
Butterscotch
Chocolate
Coconut
Lemon

NO SUGAR ADDED
Cherry & Apple

Spring/Summer
Baked Peach
Red Raspberry Cream
Strawberry Glaze

Fall/Winter
Mince
Pumpkin

FRUIT, CHESS & NUT PIES SEASONAL PIES
Our #1 (Best Seller)
“Dutch Apple with Caramel”
Double Crust Apple
Cherry
Blueberry
Strawberry Rhubarb
Plain Chess
Lemon Chess
Chocolate Chess
Pecan
Pecan Chocolate Chip
Unbaked pie shells -
Thin – Fruit • Thick – Cream
SPECIAL PIES
French Silk
Shaker Sugar
Sweet Potato

2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

I love most pies but my all time favorite is pumpkin. There is nothing like a leftover slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast the day after thanksgiving...yum!

Craig said...

I vote for cherry.