Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dream A Little Dream Of?

Do you remember your dreams?

Last night I had a doozie. It included several Sasquatches and various rednecks in red and black flannel shirts chasing them. I know, I know, I watch too much TV, particularly the Fox news channel! I believe there was a little lost girl in the mix.

The thing is with my dreams is I know they are dreams, I will even say to my asleep self, "Why are you dreaming about this?!" Ha! And what would Freud say about all of this? And sometimes I will even do a kind of rewind and play it back with my preferred scenario. But then, if you think about it, they are all MY scenarios, but my Id overrides my Superego, or vice versa, so I get what I want.

I don't normally even have that many dreams. Last night I had a late night snack and I think that's what triggered my hairy non-REM cycle video. Usually I'm really tired and my sleep is much more like the black hole, and I think that's a good thing. Not that dreaming is a bad thing, unless it's about Bigfoot!

No comments: