Monday, June 2, 2008

Music Musings

My favorite genre of music is of course, contemporary Christian. But my favorites are the really not so very current Dennis Jernigan and Carman. I listen to the radio quite often too, though not really paying attention to the names of the artists. That's why I was pleasantly surprised by Betty's Mother's Day gift of a new music CD. I opened it and saw it was Chris Tomlin, who I thought I'd never heard of . . . until I popped in for play. Wow! I knew all of the songs well enough to sing along, although I am always, always asked to "stop!" if Beaver is anywhere nearby.

Betty's thought was that I could add these songs to my MP3 play list for when I run. It's too bad, but I've had to give up listening as I exercise as it is against post policy. My running route goes directly in front of the MP station or I might try to get away with it. But I'm following "ze rules!"

Anyway, Betty, this is your official "thank you" for the thoughtful gift. I'm enjoying it in the silver bullet!

1 comment:

MacKenzie said...

You should go to rocksinmydryer.typepad.com and enter for contest. All you do is put up a link to the a wow site on your blog and you are entered to win a 17cd set from Wow music...and she is giving away 20 sets!

If you want, I'll even do it for you.